February 15, 2009

Lights Out

When the lights go off
and the world is asleep
The memories we shared
come flooding back again
They play like movies
one after the other in my mind
The pain I felt
The sadness that overwhelmed
seizes my heart again

And with the lights no longer glowing
I cry myself to sleep
Because now I realize
how much I truly care
But you are gone
and with you went a part of me

I miss your smile
I miss your voice
and the conversations that we shared

When the lights dim
and my mind can finally rest
It decides instead
to run with thoughts of you
I see your face
and a smile grows on mine
Until I remember, with a tear
that our lights are out
And you are no longer mine


Quote of the Day:
"Who do you run to when the only person who can stop your 
tears is the one that made you cry?"



2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is very powerful and beautifully written. It is easy to relate to those feelings. Thanks for writing these and being open. It is real and beautiful and encourages me and reminds me that we are all struggling together and that I am not the only one. I love you

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks tricia! you are amazing and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am glad we can be open and honest. And i hope you remember that you are not struggling alone. Especially after what we have talked about today. If you ever forget just read this again. And I really appreciate the encouragement about these poems because its hard to rate your own work. -Amber

    ReplyDelete