I am broken, confused, and crying
the future seems so unsure
and my heart is in pieces on the floor
the tears keep flowing
and even the sunniest days seem foggy
I want to smile and mean it
to trust you with every fiber of my being
I do not want to hurt any longer
because when I do
I feel like I am nailing you to that cross again
saying that I know better
that I know who I should be with
But I praise you oh God
for still giving me your peace
even when I doubt your providence
after I fight for control of my life
Your peace sustains me
and without it
my life would be total chaos
You are such a powerful and loving God
why do I doubt your ability to give me a man
that is perfect for me
Why can't I just sit back and wait
but maybe he is it
maybe its just not our time
Yet there I go again
hammering those nails
into your hands again and again
I find myself wishing and hoping
for the one who has my heart
to be the one you want to give the key to
Oh Lord, I want you to hold the key to my heart
Yet I am letting you and him fight for control
You should be the one to give him the key
not the other way around
But does that mean its wrong to hurt
to let my heart be broken by him
Does that mean my heart's key is not yours
Father, if you don't hold the key
help me give it back you to
help me wait till you give the key
and not steal it back
to give to the one I choose
It doesn't matter what the future holds
You have it in your hands
that should be enough
Lord, let me focus on today
the struggle to give you the key back
and gluing my heart back together again
Oh God, this is my cry!
Quote of the Day:
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11
The photo on the side here of the sunset over the ocean looks almost identical to a photo I have of a sunrise over Lake Michigan. :-) (The water is slanted the same direction and everything... haha)
ReplyDelete<>< Katie