March 25, 2009

This is My Plea

I am trying so hard
To focus on you oh Lord
to seek your will 
and do what is right
my heart longs for the path you have chosen for my life
I know that blessings will flow 
when I follow your lead

But oh God it is so hard
I know what I want
and I feel it inside me
but my soul is not sold
I am unsure of your plan
of your purpose or your will
I do not want to deviate 
yet I long for this

I see and hear of friends
who are so at peace and happy
your time for them has come 
and your blessings are flowing

Yet here I sit
wishing, hoping, dreaming
that my day may come soon
with your hand upon my life
obviously leading me on the right path
My heart longs for my will to aline with yours
what I want to be what you want

As I dream now, I can't imagine life 
changing from the way I hope it will be
it seems a foreign concept
I want this dream so bad
But that little voice inside of me
reminds me that doubt hovers close by
Because I lack the full confidence in what your will is

I know also that if your will differs from mine Lord
that it will bring me joy
even if I can't imagine it now
I know in time I will be grateful
even if now I wouldn't want to be

Lord no matter how I feel or what I want
I ask that your will be done
Lord act outside of me
So no doubt can remain
Work in ways that I cannot even fathom
in things that I cannot dream of
Lord I beg you to do this
I plead that you push me down the right path
So that my human mind cannot get in the way
I just want your will to be done Lord
that is all I ask 
all that I beg for

This is my plea!


Quote of the Day:
"Never said there wouldn't be trials. Never said I wouldn't fall. Never said that everything would go the way I want it to go. But when my back is against the wall and I feel all hope is gone, I'll just lift my head up to the sky and say help me to be strong. I just can't give up now. I've come too far from where I started from. Nobody told me the road would be easy and I don't believe he brought me this dar to leave me."  Can't Give Up Now by Mary Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment