March 5, 2009

Despite Myself

Here I am again
Tears ready to flow 
with thoughts of how dark our future looks
My heart breaking - My mood spiraling down
And its not because of something you or I did
No, our paths just don't seem to line up
It hurts knowing how much I care about you
and you care about me

I try to find ways to get mad at you
Taking the littlest things, trying to make them into big deals
Imagine situations that would make me angry with you
I don't care if it's false anger or justified 
I just want to be angry
And not hurt anymore
To be mad enough so I can say goodbye

But every time I try
Yeah I get angry for a little while
though it never lasts
I find myself hurting just as much as before
if not more
Missing you and wishing I was back in your arms
where nothing bad ever seemed to touch me
or wishing I was with you despite my anger

The anger isn't enough
its not strong enough
My heart breaks anyway
I miss you despite myself 

Quote of the Day:
"I wanna love like Johnny and June. Rings of fire burnin' with you. I wanna walk the line, walk the line Till the end of time. I wanna love, love ya that much. Cash it all in, give it all up. And when you're gone I wanna go too Like Johnny and June."


No comments:

Post a Comment