April 1, 2012

Just Cry

Sometimes you just need a good cry. I know I do. Sometimes you don't realize it until something makes you cry uncontrollably. Last night was one of those nights for me. I went and saw October Baby. If you haven't heard about this movie, I will give you a quick summary. A college age girl finds out she was adopted after her biological mother tried aborting her. Needless to say I cried a lot during the movie but once I got home, I couldn't stop. Well thank goodness for cooking as a distraction otherwise I might still be crying ;)  Anyway, I apparently really needed that cry. But if anyone else is like me, sometimes I feel like I shouldn't cry. I feel like if I get upset and cry over something, that means one of many things: I am overreacting, I am not trusting God, or I am a failure. Then this morning God reminded me of a Mandisa song I heard recently. I turned it on and this part of the song jumped out at me:

Just cry
Just cry
It doesn't mean you don't trust him
It doesn't mean you don't believe
It doesn't mean you don't know
He's redeeming everything.

-A section from Just Cry by Mandisa


I think that song says everything. I have nothing else to add but this:  Just Cry...it's okay. God will hold you while you do and won't get upset either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment