There are so many reasons to be extremely grateful to live in the New Testament times. Last night while watching the Veggie Tales Jonah movie with my nephew and his parents, I saw another reason. In the Old Testament, once you made the decision to live a life very separate from God, there you stayed. Not that God did not believe in second chances but the Israelites were very judgmental. You can see that attitude in Jonah. A sinner was a sinner. But now, Christians love testimonies. They love to hear about how God changes lives. Don't get me wrong, I am very aware of how judgmental some Christians are. But in general, a changed life is much more received now. I am so glad. I stumble. I fall. I break God's heart over and over. Yet, I know he loves me and I have been extremely blessed with friends who love me just the same. No judging, just love.
Maybe I am just super lucky. Maybe my assumptions about life being different now then it was in Jonah's time is wrong. But personally, I will be grateful for grace and I will be grateful to live now and not back then.
Just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment