March 14, 2011

Summer Plans

    God always has a funny way of working things out. If you would have asked me in January about my plans for the next 6 months, I would have laughed in your face and then started crying. There was a lot in my life that was left "Pending." Even if you read back through some of my blogs recently, especially the Purple Slushies and a Big Wall one, you see a glimpse at my uncertainty. I wasn't sure if I was student teaching this fall or if I would graduate in May. I wasn't sure why I wasn't going to Nicaragua, Brazil, or Honduras (this week actually). I wasn't sure why I felt like God was up to something big. And although there is still some uncertainty left in my life (when is there not), much of what was mentioned above God answered a few weeks ago. I WILL be student teaching in the fall. I WILL be traveling to China this summer for 3 weeks to teach English and reflect Jesus. These two things lifted massive weight off of my shoulders. 
     
       There is still so much left to do for China, so I ask for your prayers. I am super excited and I have no doubt that God WILL provide. I actually just got done making a video to send to local churches for support. I love it. My daddy helped, which made it even more special. 
    
         Even just today at a baby shower for a friend of mine, some of us were catching up (cause I am HOME for spring break..YAY!) on life and I was sharing about China and student teaching. One of my friends said something about how we might as well get all the answers at once. I thought it was kinda funny and even though its overwhelming when that happens, she is right. It was not just one burden off my shoulders, it was all of it, which I am so grateful for. 
     ****interjecting here - but I had several freak out moments about growing up over the last 24 hrs. My sister is looking at colleges (AHH!!), a friend of mine just passed her nursing boards (she is officially a RN..WOOHOO!!), I was at a baby shower for a friend of MINE!, and I will be at one of my closest friend's wedding shower next week - this is crazy!! growing up doesn't seem to happen slowly but in fast-forward!!!****
    
       However, I do know that many people are still waiting for God to answer their questions. First, don't give up! I waited almost a year for some of those answers. Although it is not easy, it is SO WORTH IT! God has a purpose and a plan! We may not understand it till his plan is fulfilled or we may never understand on this earth but he does understand. He is keeping an entire world spinning, not just our "world." But here are a few verses that have given me comfort the last several months and one that I even just found today that I wish I had for the last several months. 
           
              "For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."
                                                                -Habakkuk 2:3 (ESV)


          "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end....I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it."
                                                               -Ecclesiastes 3:11,14 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. "I will worship while I'm waiting, I will serve You while I'm waiting..." I just keep singing/ signing that.

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete