It's funny the crazy ways God talks to me. But let me back up to this afternoon.
Katie, Kevin, Mary Beth, and I had time to kill between Church and lunch. The obvious place to waste this time? Walmart of course! Katie needed a few things anyway so we headed that way. First, we got the few things Katie needed. Then Kevin and I wondered off to the toys. Seems logical right? Well we were having a blast haha! Anyway, we goofed off there for awhile and then made our way back to the $5 movie bin. Now, I have had great luck in this bin many, many times. Did I walk into Walmart planning on buying anything? No. Did I walk out with something? Yes! A VeggieTales movie. Yes, I am an adult who loves VeggieTales. I have no shame :)
Now, fast-forward several hours. I'd been doing homework most of the late afternoon into the evening. I was ready for a break. I was looking for something to watch on Hulu but then I remembered. I had a new movie :) So I picked my favorite story of the three on my new DVD. Joshua and the Big Wall. I love the slushies! I was watching but I know I was partly distracted too. I was trying to share the movie with my sister 10 hrs away but the sound wouldn't work :( Anyway, there is this one scene where the French Peas aka the people of Jericho ask the "Israelites" why they were walking around their wall. The one Israelite says that its because their God told them too. Not because they were crazy or anything.
Lets step back from that scene for a second. God had given the Israelites some crazy instructions. They certainly looked silly and other people did not understand. How often are we the Israelites? Walking around, doing something that to people on the outside looks absurd but really is exactly what God wants? Well, we should more often then I am sure we do. And that alone is a powerful thing. If we just follow God's instructions, no matter how silly we look, AMAZING things will happen.
But my revelation didn't stop there. Lets imagine for a second that the Israelites hadn't been given a final result. They were just told to walk around a wall. That's kinda how I feel right now. God is telling me to walk around this massive wall over and over, for what seems like no reason. And do I feel stupid? Yeah! Are slushies being thrown at me? Yep! But I need to keep walking. I can't give up. This is what God wants me to do right now. I may not have the end picture and I certainly don't know that in 7 days my wall will fall but I do know that God has a plan. If I just stick it out a bit longer, my wall will fall.
Maybe you all have a big wall too that you are walking around. Maybe with a purpose or maybe without. Maybe with lots of purple slushies being tossed at your head. Just remember....keep walking! God will knock down that wall.
How powerful! I'm actually still in shock that this all came from VeggieTales! haha! But in all honesty, I shouldn't be. It's God's word. And God is awesome! I love when His word comes to life for me, especially in new and different ways. This is the first time I have ever seen this story in this light but I love it!
** I'll try to get a video posted incase you've never seen Joshua and the Big Wall or its just been awhile. However, it is really late and I have a feeling the file is huge. So keep checking back for a video when I have more time to export the file properly.**
"Keep walking, but you won't knock down our wall. Keep walking, but she isn't going to fall. It's plain to see, your brains are very small to think walking will be knocking down our wall" will forever be stuck in my head. Thanks.
ReplyDelete<>< Katie