half was spent in tears
the other is disappointment, anger, frustration, and confusion
I was missing my best friend
missing my other half
I was having to separate my heart from you
and make it cold just to stop the pain
I honestly thought you had moved on
and didn't think of me or miss me
I thought we didn't have a future
and that we would never be close again
I started out the summer trusting in God
knowing his plan was best and resting in his peace
yet my heart still longed for you
and as time pasted, I found myself trusting God less
my faith weakening and my spiritual walk lacking drastically
I lost sight of God's power and providence
I should have known better
I should have kept my trust in God
because he has brought my friend back to me
You never forgot about me
you missed me just as much as I missed you
and you hadn't moved on
Things may still be difficult
we still can't be together the way we want
miles separate us
and our lives do not line up yet
nor are they ready for an another person
which is frustrating because I am ready to be yours
I still don't know when God's time for us is
but I am just so glad to have you back in my life
I no longer feel like I am missing a part of me
Thank you Lord for bring my friend back to me
No comments:
Post a Comment