in the middle of a hurricane
so out of control
being pushed and whipped around
rained on without end
nothing feels stable
nothing feels sure
disaster seems near
like the eye will never come
I feel like a swimmer
in an endless pool
with no where to go
my past hunting me
and unable to swim away from it
wishing to reach bigger and better things
but unable to move forward
only to stay where I am
no improvement, no change
as hard as I try
I can't get away
I feel like a baby
trying to learn to walk
but only falling
failing with every attempt
unable even to just take a step forward
without dropping to the floor
losing hope with every attempt
I know the eye will come
I know one day, the endless pool will open before me
and I will learn to walk
Jesus is the eye in the storm
God will lead me forward
and hold my hand, teaching me to walk
But that feels so far away
the blue sky & the light at the end
don't seem to be near
my faith is weak
my hope draining way
with every failure and hurricane
God I want to rely on you for my future
to not worry about tomorrow or even today
to wait on you and trust you
that one day, life will improve
Lord, strengthen me and give me hope in you
because I sit here, broken and struggling
to trust in the one who will never let me down
No comments:
Post a Comment