I had a lot of time to read in China. I started a series called "The Circle" by Ted Dekker. It includes four books (Black, Red, White, and Green). I am almost done White. I have never read a fictional book that used the Bible's imagery so well and powerfully. To any reading fans out there, I highly recommend these books. I wish I had more time to read so I could hurry up and finish!
My reading habits can be an issue, especially with the books that weigh a ton. I also hope to do more traveling sometime. Therefore, a problem. I found a contest today that gives me a chance to win a nook. Now I have never really been a fan but after China, I can see where a nook could be useful. Mission trips are not the time to carry a brick for a book around with you. So I am entering the contest. All I had to do was tell my friends about the contest too. Well here you go!
http://aplaceandaspace.blogspot.com/2011/08/nook-battle-and-giveaway.html?m=0
Here is to hoping I win!
P.S. I can't really talk about my semester openly online. If you are curious about life here in Greenville, leave a comment with your email and I will fill you in.
Yup, I'm still a book person for every day life but definitely an ereader for travel. And, of course, I want to hear about Greenville. You should call/ Skype me when you get a chance.
ReplyDelete<>< Katie
Honestly, you would be better off calling me. But anytime after 6 is usually safe. I am normally just planning and such.
ReplyDelete-Amber
(my blog isn't letting me comment on my own stuff BAHA!)