July 18, 2011

Maddness at M.A.D. Week

So before I leave for China Wednesday, I spent a week in Missouri at a christian camp. The week? A music, art, drama, sign, and step camp week where campers work all week with a Saturday night performance as the end goal. I grew up going to a M.A.D. week back home with the same dean who has now started another week at this new camp. However, now instead of being a camper, I am staff. I love it. This year was especially special cause I got to work with staff who were campers with me growing up. It is awesome to look at us now and look back and see God in our lives plus see how close we all still are.
However the biggest challenge came with one group of campers. I won't go into the details but they broke our trust. For the last 24 hrs of camp, all campers had to always be with an adult and I was emotionally spent. One camper in particular from that group majorly lied to me. It wad very hard on me when the truth came out. For one, I have been hurt by lies several times in my past and this brought up those memories but also the fact that I had been open and compassionate with her broke me.
But God is good all the time. I woke up the next day. I was able to smile at the camper, I have quickly regained emotional strength, and no one else was hurt. I also learned how much of a compassionate heart I really have. I never had it stretched till now. It was a learning experience and definitely showed God's power. I didn't think I would be over it so quick but I am glad. God is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment