So I am really going to try to write something that doesn't cause tears. But I apologize in advance because I couldn't let this week go by without at least a short tribute to the last 4 years of my life.
This week marks an end and a beginning. It blows my mind to think that my undergrad career is basically finished. No more finals. No more tests. No more projects. No more venting sessions about annoying prof. No more, No more, No more!!!! Okay....I better control myself because now I am about to lose it and I am in the library. It really is almost incomprehensible.
Yes, there have been many MANY moments in the last four years that I wished this time away. Many times where tears were shed over classes or professors or the graduation date that seemed to escape me. But looking back, I wouldn't trade those for the world and I wish it wouldn't end. Of course I am ready (for the most part) to be done being the student and become the teacher. I am pretty sick of school work. But the environment, my friends, my church family - All these things make me want to stay. I never thought I would be this emotional. This definitely wasn't me after high school. But then again, I am not who I was then.
I know this isn't the end. I know there is so much to look forward to. I am super excited to be actually working in a school full time. I am excited to be living in the same town as my best friend for the first time in 4 years. I am excited for China. I am excited to see what else God has in store. But I am not excited to say goodbye to the place that has been home for 4 years. And I won't lie - I am afraid of falling flat on my face in the real world.
But Monday is coming whether I like it or not. I better suck it up! GWU will always hold a special place in my heart. I wouldn't be me without them. I praise God for the last 4 years and I am sure I will praise him for the next 4, and beyond.
With all my heart <3
Quote of the day: "She is just starting out. Like ramen noodles every night starting out." -New Allstate Commercial (**not an exact quote**)
No comments:
Post a Comment