It should be bedtime but I am wired. Coffee late in the afternoon plus just a lot of great fun with great friends equals one hyper Amber! Today was one of those days when I was reminded over and over how blessed I am. You know those days where you see people you know every where you turn and they all smile at you with a Hi or a brief conversation? Yeah it was one of those days. It really just made me smile. I realized today how much I missed being on campus. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my living conditions this year. LOVE IT!! But today I realized how much I do miss campus. I miss the socializing, the frequent hugs, the random conversations while crossing the quad, and so much more. The old saying that a smile is contagious is so true! I am sure the fact that the weather is warming up and classwork is slowing coming to a close helps too. But just ask anyone who came to the extra Joyful Hands practice and they will tell you - I was in a great mood :-D And being outside, practicing OLD songs just made me even happier! Today wasn't the first GREAT day in awhile either. Sunday was pretty awesome too. I was a little worried that I would miss being home for Easter lunch this year. But, honestly, I never really thought about it. I was surrounded by people who have become family over the last 2 years. I had great food, great fellowship, and felt loved. It was just as great as being home because it is home.
I know why God gives us days like these - to keep us going on the rough days. If we never had any awesome days, we would never push through the tough ones. I know I have some tough ones coming up. Saying goodbye to friends who I have known for what seems like a lifetime (and who I don't feel like I have had enough time with - but what is ever enough?), major life move to a new city (hopefully for several years but who knows - and if not...well thats another tough day ahead), basically a new job even if I'm still technically a student, more weddings, and a huge comfort zone and spiritual stretch. But what today tells me is I will make it through. Why? Because of the awesome support system I have. Because of the wonderful memories I have that prove to me I am strong enough and I am worth it and I can succeed. I know when I am lonely or hurting, all I have to do is pick up my phone and I will instantly be back here - and back in this moment with these great memories. That in and of itself is a joyous thought. The next year may be full of many BIG changes - some that I know of and probably a lot that I don't - but I'm going to make it.
We are all going to make it.
Thanks Abba Father!!
No comments:
Post a Comment