I trusted
I fell into your arms
and out of his
I cried
I fought
Said I couldn't do it
couldn't part with one of my closest friends
continued to ignore the voice in my head
I didn't want to obey God
The time has come
I broke my heart and his
I watched as we both cried
cried over what was, what is, and what will never be
I said I still loved you
said I didn't want to do this
that I will always pray for you
said how lucky I was to know you
and how lucky some girl will be one day
oh how my heart longs for that day to come for you
and how my heart wishes I was that girl for you
The time has come
I have said goodbye
goodbye to the dreams I had built
dreams of the two of us and our life together
I watched you react
you seemed to understand
you knew I had to do what I felt I need to do
you didn't want me to blame myself
said you were sorry for the pain you had caused me
said you care about me too
and that I have left a dent in your life
The time has come
you are no longer in my life
your face I will no longer see
your voice I will not hear
This summer will be difficult
how many more tears will I cry
how many more restless nights
how long till I can truly say I am over you
how long till I can talk to you again
I am on my knees
praying for strength
praying for my future
praying for your future
praying that if it be God's will
one day we will be friends again
The time has come
one that I never wished for
but it came anyway
The time has come
to focus on God
and to erase you from my mind
it will not be easy but I must
The time has come
I will miss you
You will always hold a special place in my heart
The time has come
Quote of the Day:
"If I Should stay I would only be in your way. So I'll go But I know I'll think of you every step of
the way. And I... Will always Love you, oohh Will always Love you My darling you Mmm-mm. Bittersweet Memories That is all I'm taking with me. So good-bye. Please don't cry.
We both know I'm not what You need. And I... Will always love you I... Will always love you, ooh.
I hope life treats you kind. And I hope you have all you've dreamed of. And I wish you joy
and happiness. But above all this I wish you love."
"I trust in the Lord...But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.'" Psalm 31: 6b, 14
No comments:
Post a Comment