May 3, 2009

Blessed beyond measure

Time is flying by
the year is coming to a close
I cannot believe in a very short time
I will have to say goodbye
some for just a few months
but others for who knows how long
There have been so many people God has brought to me this year
Some relationships were strengthened
Others were new, but flourished quickly
It seems impossible to believe how some friends
I never knew until this year

God is so good
and has blessed me beyond measure 
I thought I had already received my blessing here
I figured last year was the best I could ask for
and although I miss those girls like crazy
and wish they were back here again
I have so many more relationships to thank God for every day

I have received such encouragement
strength in the hard times
support when the skies were gray 
or the homework seemed to never end
laughs in both the good and the bad times
hugs when I thought I couldn't stand
or when our joy overflowed 

If you would have asked me 9 months ago
who I would befriend this year
who I would miss when the year came to a close
who would make an impact on my life 
who I would discover as role models 
and people to just have a good time with
I would have never in a million years
named those who have become those things for me
I would have never chosen them

but God knew better
He knew who I needed
who would make an impact
be an encouragement
be a friend in hard times
and I am so grateful for His wisdom
for His work in my life to bring these people to me
I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world
and would not want anything different for myself

They each have played different roles
each important in their own special way
every one of them having left a mark on my life
which I hope never to forget
This has not been an easy year
I could sit here and complain about all the reasons why
but there is no need
God has walked with me
and I have been blessed with friends
who were there through think and thin
through sunshine and rain

I want to thank you
each and every one
thank you for your kindness
friendship
love
compassion
support
encouragement
hugs
laughter
tears
prayers
and even your criticism 

Now with the year ending shortly
we will be going our separate ways
back home for most
to friends we have missed and cherish also
and for some, to a new job or location for the summer
where new relationships will be built 

I wish those of you who are graduating
blessings upon blessings
and for those who I will see in the fall
have an amazing summer
make the best of it
You all are beautiful and created in God's image.
He loves you and so do I.
Stay strong and I will be praying for all of you

God Bless!


Quote of the Day:
""Just when you think that a person is just a backdrop for the rest of the universe, watch them and see that they laugh, they cry, they tell jokes ... they're just friends waiting to be made." 
-Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." 
- C. S. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment