April 14, 2009

Amazed

I stand in amazement of you Lord
I am grateful for the friends I have
for the support surrounding me
This past week has been extremely difficult 
and even though I have been on my knees
praying for guidance, wisdom, comfort
and the list goes on
crying to the point where I had no tears left to shed
my heart in a million pieces on the floor
in total disbelief and confusion
and a feeling of sadness consuming my body

I still have this level of peace
I do not know what the future holds
I do not know the right next step to take
and my heart is torn in two different directions
yet I am calm
I have not totally lost it
normally, in this situation
a girl would go crazy 
be one of those psycho girls
or just lying in bed all day, every day
crying, eating ice cream, and planning revenge

But thats not me
I have cried, a lot
I have vented to friends
I have gotten angry
but not to an extreme
I am still living a normal life
sometimes I space out
or become depressed again
but its not affecting my general flow in life
or is really noticed by those around me

I am grateful to God for this peace
this relative calm
I know He is the one providing it
because this is not my human nature 
I never asked for this
yet He provided
Thank you Lord
for taking care of your daughter
when she needed you the most
and her heart didn't know what to ask for 

Lord, I pray this continues
I know the road ahead is going to be bumpy
I know this will not be easy
but the overall peace is comforting 
I am blessed beyond words to have a God
who looks out so carefully for His children
What an amazing God we serve 


Quote of the Day:
"There is nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing that is currently on or in your life that God has not in his infinite all-knowing wisdom decided not to stop and so therefore its a part of the purpose of God for his glory and your eventual joy." -Matt Chandler of the Village Church

No comments:

Post a Comment