October 22, 2009

My Prayer

On bended knee I come
praying, begging, yearning
asking for your spirit & power
to overwhelm my body
to the point that I cannot ignore it

I plead for a revival in my soul
that all I want to do every day is praise your name
without a desire for anything that doesn't please you
the strength to live every day to its fullest and for you alone
for my heart to yearn for you the way I want it to
and know it should

All I want is for my heart to be on fire for you
for these doubts to leave my mind
there to be no question in my soul if I am truly your follower and daughter
to make you my absolute Lord of my life
to be so far from lukewarm
the possibility never crosses my mind
and for there to be nothing between us

I fall on my face asking you to give me the ability and strength to trust you
to give you everything
especially what you are asking for now
My heart is torn but I know you are the better choice
I know I need to surrender my dreams, wants, and desires
and focus solely on you
I feel your tug on my heart
I want to listen to it with everything in me
with every fiber of my being
My one and only desire is to be devoted to you alone
to be able to sacrifice this and many other things to come

Yet why is it so hard
why can't I seem to give this up
and why do I seem to lack so much in my relationship with you
I have the desire, such deep desire
and yet
I am failing
I am falling short
I am not totally surrendering
I do not have this incredible passion in myself for you

Why Lord WHY!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
grant me the desire of my heart
which is to love you ALONE
not myself or someone else or a dream or a desire
BUT YOU ALONE!!!!
give me the desire that I crave
fill me with you
and give me the strength and wisdom to do your will

This is my prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment